Wednesday, July 27, 2011

LeTub - Hollywood, FL

There is really only one thing you need to know about LeTub........13 ounce sirloin burger.  End of story.  Nothing else even matters. Yes it sits right on the water, yes it is has the feel of an old beach bar that only the locals know about. Those "nice to haves" disappear when the food is brought out. Fact is, the burger at this place was named best burger in America by GQ magazine (famous for skinny guys who know nothing about burgers), "1 of the 20 Burgers You Have to Eat Before You Die" by style.com and even featured on the Oprah Winfrey show.  Turns out, Oprah likes a good juicy burger just like the rest of us.

As I checked out the menu, I noticed the perceived lack of options on the burger.  You have few choices.  Swiss or American cheese or plain.  No bacon (I still think it is funny that we use bacon as a condiment in America), no chili, no special secret sauces, nothing else.  I comes with a thick slice of tomato, onion and some lettuce but that is all.  I chose the swiss cheese and added a small order of fries.

The burger was grilled perfectly. I pride myself on being pretty good on a grill but getting 13 ounces  of thick sirloin burger to where the outside has a firmness (not burntness) about it and the center to the point that there was just a hint of pink (exactly how I asked for it) is no easy task.


I have only one complaint about LeTub.  If you have read any of my earlier posts, you will know that I believe something's are just made to serve cold and I don't like them if they are even kinda warm.  The ketchup sits on the tables all day.  That just ain't right. I want cold ketchup on my hot fries. Lesson learned here was, DON'T GET THE FRIES!!  They taste great, but you will have to make a choice, eat the burger or eat the fries, I chose the burger.  


One last recommendation at LeTub, this goes back to the lack of choices as to what to put on the burger.  I almost put some mayo and ketchup on here, but my mind wondered back to why they didn't have any options for add-ons on he menu and I didn't.  That was the best choice I made about this burger. It does not need anything else on it.  Pick it up, eat it, let it run down your arm and get on your shirt and don't really care because you are lovin' this burger!!

Easily one of my top 2 or 3 burgers ever.

Atmosphere - 9,  Food - 9.5  OUTSTANDING. Would have given a 10 if the dang ketchup was cold!!

http://www.theletub.com/

2 comments: