Saturday, May 28, 2011

Brixx Wood Fired Pizza - Charlotte, NC

So we have pizza two nights in a row. Strike one.  We go to a franchise restaurant.  Strike two.  It's not a big time franchise yet.  I say yet because if they can get the service to match the food, they'll probably sell a lot of franchises and I kinda hate to see that happen.

The place is located beside the hotel we are staying in. There is a common theme developing here.  Spend hours out in the sun, get back to the hotel, park the car and get some food.  We have not been in the frame of mind to explore much at night so we have been sticking close for dinner.

The restaurant does not get a strike three from me for one simple reason.  The food was outstanding.

I started with the bruschetta which was made with marinated roma tomatoes, fresh basil and crumbled feta.  It was served with what they called garlic crustini.  In south Alabama, we call it little pieces of garlic bread. Everything tasted fresh and was very refreshing,  I have rediscovered how much I like the simplest dishes this spring and preparing a brushetta is simple, easy and makes a great snack or starter for dinner.  Also as a standalone lunch would work.
This is why I like checking pizza places that have a unique menu.  Brixx does.  I ordered the Pear and Gorgonzola.  Fruit besides pineapple on a pizza? Oh yeah, this is really good.  Thin crust lightly brushed with a good  olive oil.  Mozzarella and gorgonzola cheeses topped with caramelized onions and roasted walnuts. It was a delicious combination that I would order again and again.

I have had a variation of the pizza in Atlanta with Serrano ham and Granny Smith apples that was really good as well.



The atmosphere was nice.  Had a circular feel in the dining room which made it easy to people watch while you waited.  Which was the only complaint I had.  I didn't think we were ever going to get a waitress. But, in her defense, she was just closing out two big tables when we got there so I understand why we might have taken a minute to get too.

If Fuel Pizza is a 5, Brixx gets a 7 from me.

Bill
http://www.brixxpizza.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment